Friday, February 15, 2008

I am knitting lace socks. That is a big deal for me. Mostly because I am forcing myself to stick to the pattern. I’m one of those people that always knits using patterns invented themselves in their heads ahead of time, because no one has yet invented anything like they want to knit. I am normally forced to do that, because for some reason, that I will never understand; there isn’t a pattern for anything like, say; a pattern for a hedge costume, for a stuffed cat. But seriously, why hasn’t anyone ever knit one of those genius things? There is a contest at masondixonknitting, and I do believe I will enter a hedge costume for a stuffed cat. It is a gem, if you ask me.
Those of you who follow my blog, will probably know that I have contacts. Unfortunately, I also keep my fingernails long. It’s a vanity thing. But, taking out contacts + long fingernails + being careless = OUCH!! Just a little simple math. Also, pinching your eye, really hurts. Just a little tidbit from my first hand experience.

Sheila's wisdom of the day: If you have just adopted a new pet, and he's not very helthy, and is hungry, feed him 11 or 12 chocolate milks and he will be 100 percent in all three catogories. It's true. It works.
-Sheila

2 comments:

Gennyology said...

Thanks for the cool post. I didn't know about the choc. milk trick. I can't wait to use it. Thanks for sharing! Also, I understand your pain about the contacts. Ick.
Gennyology

Gennyology said...

BTW, love the pic of you. What a cute top!!